The management of the Damen Shipyards Group is committed to continuously improve the Safety, Health and Welfare of all people working under our sphere of influence. Therefore Damen has a special department focusing on this goal: HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment & Quality). Also there is a department responsible for exploring and developing new markets and applications for Damen: Business Development & Market Intelligence.
Because these departments are dealing with changes in the market and laws & regulations they want to have a lifecycle perspective in the designproces. For you the task to develop a lifecycle perspective and sustainable certification in shipbuilding!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Research how the existing Damen E3 label can contribute to the lifecylce Perspective from the ISO 14001 and the Damen Brand;
- Mapping current and future regulation and customer demands regarding sustainable shipping and lifecycle design;
- Compare the Damen E3 label and design philosophy with available certifications and make recommendations;
- Investigate the current uptake of the E3 label and design philosophy within Damen and make recommendations;
- Make recommendations and a roadmap for the best way to position the E3 label in the market.
The right student is:
- A Master student Maritime Technology / Innovation or Business Administration;
- Familiar in conducting market research;
- Having analytical skills;
- Having an innovative mind;
- Fun to work with!
Department InformationWith the Business Development & Market Intelligence department, Damen puts a strong focus on the search for new markets and further developing existing markets. By aligning with the Damen company plan, analyzing market intelligence, and putting forward business leads the Business Development & Marketing Intelligence Department will provide strategic information to weigh sales opportunities and vessel portfolio development. To ensure long-term growth of the Damen Shipyards group, this department will work in close collaboration with the Damen Management, Area Groups and Product Groups.