The robust growth of Damen Shipyards in recent years has led to increasing demands on Damen Customer Finance solutions. Damen Customer Finance aims to support customers to realize their business objectives by offering the most suitable finance solutions for the acquisitions of Damen vessels. Damen Customer Finance is an unique sales tool for Damen Shipyards and enhances the sale of Damen vessels. Damen Customer Finance can arrange a diverse range of financial services from sophisticated project finance structures to the more standard Damen supplier credits and leases. Damen Customer Finance can arrange loans for small start-up companies buying their first vessel, to large international organizations requiring assistance for multi-vessel contracts.
As Customer Finance Manager you will be responsible for arranging the best financial package for Damen customers worldwide. In order to do so you will cooperate closely with Damen Sales Managers, our customers and financial institution. The ever increasing size, duration and complexity for customer finance solutions makes this a challenging and demanding position and requires a strong and capable customer finance expert. The customer finance department consists of 6 finance and lease professionals.
The focus within the department is on innovation of the Customer Finance portfolio, in order to further improve the offering towards customers. This includes the digitization of the function, implementing the latest solutions into the daily practice of the department.
- Master degree in finance, economics or business administration;
- 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the field of export- or project finance;
- Experience in alternative finance structures, for example Chinese (lease) structures;
- Service- and customer oriented with an analytical mindset;
- Eager to innovate and digitize, standardize the working environment;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Self-starter and entrepreneur who takes initiative and responsibility;
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) in Dutch, English and preferably one other language;
- A team player who enjoys to be the linking pin between Damen customers, sales managers and banks;
- Willing to travel occasionally.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Group is established in 1927 and is a 100% Dutch family owned international group of companies which operates 36 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 12,000 people worldwide. Damen has delivered more than 6,500 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 175 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Damen designs and builds innovative vessels and based on its unique, standardized ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality supported by a worldwide network of sales and services. Annual production value amounts to approximately EUR 2bln.
Damen's focus on standardisation, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low 'total cost of ownership', high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology.
Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.
Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC) has a worldwide network of eighteen repair and conversion yards of which twelve are located in North West Europe. Facilities at the yards include more than 50 floating (and covered) drydocks, including the longest, 420 x 80 metres, and the widest, 405 x 90 metres, as well as slopes, ship lifts and indoor halls. Projects range from the smallest simple repairs through Class' maintenance to complex refits and the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1,300 repair and maintenance jobs annually, both at yards as well as in ports and during voyage.