Are you an experienced leader and coach and do you have affinity with a Maritime Service Provider?
Are you confident and able to work abroad for longer periods of time and willing to contribute to the development of the Damen Service Hubs?
Then apply now!
Damen Services has initiated, in close cooperation with our the various Sales divisions, the set up of several Service Hubs on strategic locations worldwide. The service hubs are responsible for carrying out all warranty related- and commercial projects and support part sales, with a high focus on taking into account customer satisfaction, project costs and quality.
As a Service Hub Manager you are responsible for the entire Service Hub organization. You support and coordinate all warranty and commercial projects using (local) resources and (local) personal. You make sure that all required parts are available and you coordinate with the local customers about planning and execution of projects.
At the same time you are in close contact with the account team in Gorinchem in order to have them informed about project developments and aligning the communications towards our customers.
You will report to the Manager Service Hubs.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Set up the Service Hub organization abroad;
- Ensuring the workforce in the short and longer term, so that the appropriate personnel is available in time to perform service and maintenance, construction supervision and commissioning;
- Responsible for all (warranty and commercial) projects which are assigned to the Hub with a focus on control on quality, time and budget;
- Conducting performance appraisal and assessment interviews with the local staff;
- Monitoring the operational implementation processes and initiate and evaluate improvements on the process level;
- Conducting consultations with the (potential) customer about the technical, functional and other specifications of possible assignments;
- Conducting (organization) surveys, drawing up quotations, monitoring agreements with customers, signaling deviations and making of additional agreements both internal and with customers.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, ship or maritime engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an (international) service organization, preferably in the maritime sector;
- Preferable experience with setting up a (Service) Hub at least experience working abroad within the maritime area;
- You are a people manager with managerial experience. A strategic thinker with excellent overview and good communication skills.