Damen Services has initiated, in close cooperation with our the various Sales divisions, the set up of several Service Hubs on strategic locations worldwide. The service hubs are responsible for carrying out all warranty related- and commercial projects and support part sales, with a high focus on taking into account customer satisfaction, project costs and quality.
We are looking for a Service Hub Manager for the new location Nigeria which we would like to set up.
As a Service Hub Manager you are responsible for the entire Service Hub organization. You support and coordinate all warranty and commercial projects using (local) resources and (local) personal. You make sure that all required parts are available and you coordinate with the local customers about planning and execution of projects.
At the same time you are in close contact with the account team in Gorinchem in order to have them informed about project developments and aligning the communications towards our customers.
You will report to the Manager Service Hubs.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Set up the Service Hub organization abroad;
- Ensuring the workforce in the short and longer term, so that the appropriate personnel is available in time to perform service and maintenance, construction supervision and commissioning;
- Responsible for all (warranty and commercial) projects which are assigned to the Hub with a focus on control on quality, time and budget;
- Conducting performance appraisal and assessment interviews with the local staff;
- Monitoring the operational implementation processes and initiate and evaluate improvements on the process level;
- Conducting consultations with the (potential) customer about the technical, functional and other specifications of possible assignments;
- Conducting (organization) surveys, drawing up quotations, monitoring agreements with customers, signaling deviations and making of additional agreements both internal and with customers.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, ship or maritime engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an (international) service organization, preferably in the maritime sector;
- Preferable experience with setting up a (Service) Hub at least experience working abroad within the maritime area;
- You are a people manager with managerial experience. A strategic thinker with excellent overview and good communication skills.
As a international company we would like to be flexible regarding the housing, location and traveling for this job. This will be coordinated with the candidate.
Department InformationServices Operations is the heart of Damen Services, which delivers its services to the clients of Damen Shipyards as a total services solution provider. Damen Services provides a wide range of customer support services around the world for all aspects of the commissioning, deployment, and lifetime extension of the ships and installations that have been supplied by the company. Its primary focus is the provision of customer services in relation to commissioning, repairs, guarantee support, servicing, and maintenance. Organising training sessions for crew members, the delivery of ships, maintenance management, and the supply of parts during construction work are also part of the services portfolio. An example of Non-maritime deliverables are the supply of equipment (dredge pumps, pontoons, systems, etc.). As a total services provider and business partner of the clients of Damen Shipyards, Damen Services is also responsible for the deployment of human resources for structural and long-term projects.