DAMEN is currently looking for an all-round engineer high speed craft to support our team.
Your tasks will be engineering of composite high speed crafts, called RHIBs (Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats) which are used by professional high demanding customers like; Navy, Special forces, Police, Customs, Harbor authorities. We build these boats in lengths between 7 and 12m with respectively maximum speeds between 30 and 60 kts.
You will work in an engineering team, together with our design & proposal department, project management and production facilities in the Netherlands and abroad.
As an engineer high speed craft you will focus on the design, weight, speed, trim and stability calculations of the RHIB and you will take care of the structural design of composite structures, propulsion lines and outfitting components.
Visit our dedicated website for more information regarding our RHIB product: https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/rigid-hull-inflatable-boat.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and making drawings for production.
- Carry out calculations for further elaboration of weights, speed, trim, stability and structures.
- Perform Class calculations for composite structures and manage Class approval procedures.
- Laminate design and optimization to achieve required mechanical properties for composite structures.
- Structural engineering and modeling of composite structures and making production drawings as: construction plans, details, laminate drawings, lay-up plans and assembly sequences
- Structural engineering and modeling of outfitting components and making detailed production drawings as; navigation masts frames self-righting frames, consoles, engine foundations, fuel tanks, hoisting frames.
- Structural engineering and integration of; propulsion lines, fuel-, exhaust- and bilge systems.
- 3D modeling of consoles, superstructures, engine rooms and making 3D artist impressions of the composed end product for our sales department.
- A technical background, at least HBO = Bachelor’s degree, in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in composites and high speed craft or yachts.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a relevant field.
- Creative, practical and out of the box.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with software packages like AutoCAD and Rhino or Solid works, preferably Orca3d, Multisurf, Pias or equal.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld has been a Damen Shipyard since 1927. It is in fact the shipyard where Damen Shipyards was founded. Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld is specialized in custom-built, medium-sized vessels and in general repairs and maintenance of inland and coastal vessels. We have a flexible organizational structure with short decision lines, guaranteeing the best service and practical solutions.