The objective of an estimator at Damen Verolme Rotterdam, is to process and handle the customer's request in accordance with the preconditions and principles, set by the company and the manager of the department.
- MBO Mechanical Engineering / MBO Shipbuilding (secondary vocational education).
- An excellent knowledge of offshore modifications, ship repair and cost price calculations.
- Good verbal and written knowledge of both the English and Dutch languages.
- 5-10 years of extensive experience as (future) estimator in the offshore and ship repair and modification sector.
- Experience with software packages, such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
Damen Verolme Rotterdam (DVR) has been an active ship & offshore repair yard since 1957 in the Port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands. It is located on the shores of the Nieuwe Waterweg, which runs into the North Sea. Our yard is known for its drydocking, repair and maintenance capabilities and has an extensive track record of modification and conversion of upstream offshore units.
On June 30th, 2017, the yard was acquired by the Damen Shipyards Group and became a Damen Ship repair & Conversion (DSC) company. This acquisition means an increase in offshore market capacity for DSC. The yard can accommodate any seagoing vessel or floating offshore unit. Recently, the yard diversified by adding offshore unit decommissioning to its services.
The Estimating department, which reports to the Sales & Marketing department, is a small group of flexible and enthusiastic people, who will do their utmost to give our clients the best estimate on request.