Sorry, solliciteren op deze functie is niet langer mogelijk.
As a (Senior) Mechanical Engineer in our team you will be involved in the engineering of fast patrol vessels. Within the department of Workboats Engineering, you will be part of a small team which is responsible to translate the technical building specification of our fast patrol vessels into the engineering package used by the shipyard to build them.
You will be able to work in different fields of your expertise and to increase your knowledge of the Shipbuilding world. It is important for us that you remain happy in your role, that is why we will support you to develop and grow your knowledge and expertise.
In this role you will be:
- Collaborating in the execution of the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment;
- Performing calculations in the Mechanical Engineering field;
- Working closely together with all stakeholders;
- Monitoring quality and helping interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Supporting in the Client, Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Supporting the coordination of the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
Skills & experience
To be successful in this role we like you to bring:
- A Master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 2 years of working experience as Mechanical Engineer in the Shipbuilding Industry;
- Experience with AutoCAD;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Quality consciousness and the drive to work accurately;
- A proactive attitude, creativity in finding solutions with a practical approach;
- Ability to work independently, showing ownership and being result driven;
- English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy (Senior) Engineer Mechanical, so we will support you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports;
- A work from home policy.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.