Damen Naval has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimizing the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future.
Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC) has a worldwide network of eighteen repair and conversion yards of which twelve are located in North West Europe. Facilities at the yards include more than 50 floating (and covered) drydocks, including the longest, 420 x 80 meters, and the widest, 405 x 90 meters, as well as slopes, ship lifts and indoor halls. Projects range from the smallest simple repairs through Class’ maintenance to complex refits and the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1,300 repair and maintenance jobs annually, both at yards as well as in ports and during voyage.
Is responsible for support of both the Damen Naval / Damen Shiprepair & Conversion account teams in identifying, developing and advising on long-term commercial leads for the combined portfolios. This in line with Damen strategy and business, ensure long-term realization of sales objectives, increase both portfolios and market shares. Act as the primary contact for the customers in both portfolios by building sustainable customer relationships, identify needs and trends and providing input for the development of both portfolios and aftersales. This results in realizing sales objectives and creating long term customer loyalty.
- Support the Damen account teams in development, implementation and monitoring the realization of the sales plan and budget for both portfolios within assigned area and / or market in line with both sales strategies, policies and external developments;
- Co-Develop and strengthen relations with customers and other government/law enforcement customers;
- Supports in negotiations with (potential) customers and prepare, in close collaboration with the account team and Product & Proposals department (and legal department);
- Monitor relationships and needs of the customers;
- Track and analyze the law enforcement market, initiate and supports the account teams on relationships with potential (key) customers and detect and acquire new business opportunities;
- Support the building and maintaining of a network of internal and/or external stakeholders, represent both account teams;
- Initiate market activities in line with business needs, policies and external developments;
- Provide regular insights regarding developments in the sales area and/or market.
- Supports and / or execute all aspects of internal & external sales relevant publicity (campaigns) and PR activities;
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards (including HSSEQ and AQAP) of performance are understood and owned.
Skills & experience
- Graduate level of intellect preferably with a master’s degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification in relevant technical study at M.Sc. level;
- An understanding of financial management and sales management;
- Knowledge of and experience in setting-up & management of government related contracts.
- A proven record of success in general or (technical) commercial management, preferably in a related naval or defense industry;
- Experience in complex sales (related) positions in the naval or defense market.
- A wide knowledge of the shipbuilding industry and markets;
- Good command of the Dutch & English (when applicable German) language (written & verbal);
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- an active social environment such as events and sports;
- a working from home policy.
- Customer orientation: Investigating customer wishes and needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs; giving high priority to service and customer satisfaction;
- Teamwork: Contributing actively to a joint result or solution to a problem, even when such teamwork concerns a matter which is not of immediate personal interest;
- Results orientation: Actively focused on achieving results and objectives; ready to take action in case of disappointing results;
- Behavioural flexibility: Modifying one's behaviour to reach a set goal when problems or opportunities arise;
- Quality orientation: Setting high standards regarding the quality of products and services and acting accordingly.
Job Specific Competences:
- Entrepreneurship: Recognizing market opportunities for both current and new products/services and considering them in a businesslike manner; taking risks to achieve a business advantage;
- Negotiating: Communicating one's own standpoints and arguments effectively and pointing out common goals in a manner leading to agreement and acceptance by all parties;
- Networking: Constructing relationships and networks which are useful in achieving objectives; making effective use of informal networks to get things done;
- Market orientation: Demonstrating that one is well informed about market and technological developments;
- Planning and organizing: Determining goals and priorities effectively and stipulating the time, activities and resources required to achieve the set goals.