Damen Maritime Ventures is a new division within Damen and part of Damen’s overall efforts to drive the transformation of the shipbuilding industry and shape the future of maritime solutions. Our effective, efficient and pragmatic strategic portfolio management enables our division to maximize shareholder impact, by adding value through collaboration and pro-active engagement with and between our maritime ventures. We connect our ventures and ideas with operational expertise and world-class infrastructure. We scale the most promising ideas to deliver meaningful impact to Damen.
By setting up an ecosystem we strive to further sustain profitable growth through carefully governed meaningful (ad)ventures. By acting rapidly and agile on existing and new opportunities we can differentiate ourselves from competition and becoming leading in our selected distinct product, service and local shipbuilding markets.
The Business Controller is responsible for all planning & control activities and advise the assigned business units, within the Division Damen Maritime Ventures, accordingly by developing, implementing and monitoring plans.
You ensure all is in line with corporate guidelines, business strategy, plans and external rules and regulations in order to ensure the realisation of (strategic) finance objectives and realise accurate, up-to-date and compliant control. This is an international role which will require some travelling. Within this role you focus on advice policies & procedures, planning & control and risk management.
As a Business Controller, you are a strong and positive communicator, motivator and multitasker. You can maintain relationships with all levels of the organization, while keeping your professional independence. You are a team player, accurate, can maintain a helicopter view but also have attention for relevant details and can easily identify the key issues that require your focus and attention.
- Inform and advise management on the financial performance based on the analysis of financial data and/or (potential) financial risk areas
- Identify trends
- Optimize operational management
Policies & procedures
- Contribute to the formulation of finance and control policies and/or procedures and after approval ensure its execution in line with finance strategy and external developments
Planning & Control
- Execute and monitor financial plans, budgets and forecast as well as ensure the analysis of any gaps between budget and realization in line with finance strategy and policies
- Plan and coordinate the (annual) financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and control cycle within the assigned costs, projects or businesses
- Ensure the development, preparation and proper execution of (consolidated) periodical financial reporting according to defined formats and procedures and (local) legislation
- Ensure financial reviews
- Ensure the identification, analysis and control of (potential) financial risks in line with internal regulations and guidelines
- Monitor and ensure compliance of Damen with financial guidelines and control financial governance in line with internal standards and external laws and regulations
- Performing risk analyzes
- Making recommendations to management
Skills & experience
- Academic degree in Business Economics or Finance and Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Business Controller or similar function, preferably in the Maritime industry or in another project related
- You have a hands-on and no-nonsense mentality, and aware of cultural differences
- Good analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English and preferably Spanish
- Experience in working with ERP systems
What we offer
Here at Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- travel allowance
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports
An assessment will be part of the application process.
For further details please contact Isabelle Huijgen (email@example.com). For applications please use the apply button.