Vacancy: Operationeel Buyer Damen Services, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
Are you a problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is willing to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver excellent results to our customers time and time again?
Are you ready to be part of a diverse team of people from around the world who are all directly linked to our organisation’s success?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you may be a good fit for Damen Services!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions.
We are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Operationeel Buyer Damen Services
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Services. Damen Services is a team of creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated people who support each other and enjoy coming to work each day. We interact directly with Damen customers around the world, helping find solutions to challenging situations.
Our team goes the distance for each other and for our customers, and we all take pride in our ability to put groups of skilled, ‘can-do’ team members together to find and implement solutions.
Meet the Supply Chain team!
The Services Execution department is engaged in resolving warranty claims and providing technical assistance worldwide. You will be working in a team, consisting of seven colleagues who carry out purchasing activities for the various service teams, a category buyer and a team lead who will assist you in difficult negotiations and who will be involved in improvement programs to which you will make an active contribution.
Are you a good fit for the Purchaser position at Damen Services? Now or in the near future?
As a buyer you are responsible for the entire purchasing process; you put out requests, ensure timely deliveries and handle invoices. You as a buyer always know the latest status of deliveries and problems and keep this data up to date in our ERP program.
In addition, you as purchaser know how to keep the costs within the purchasing budget, and you are strong in maintaining relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Procurement of goods and services;
- Requesting and evaluating quotes based on technical specifications;
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers;
- Performing administrative processing and aftercare;
- Checking warranty agreements made and coordinating these with the category buyer;
- Actively expediting and monitoring timely and correct deliveries.
Skills & experience
We ask our future Purchaser to come prepared with the following:
- MBO/HBO level completed;
- Concrete purchasing experience;
- Reading drawings is an advantage;
- Planning and Organising skills.
- Result-oriented, a Buyer with initiative;
- Mastery of Dutch and English, verbally and in writing;
- Communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Buyer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy Buyer, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where Services is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present, while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Buyer by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Bealien Schot at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please send me a WhatsApp for questions or information. or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Services does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.