Damen Shipyards Group is established in 1927 and is a 100% Dutch family owned international group of companies which operates 36 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 12,000 people worldwide.
Damen has delivered more than 6,500 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 175 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Damen designs and builds innovative vessels and based on its unique, standardized ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality supported by a worldwide network of sales and services.
Annual production value amounts to approximately EUR 2bln. Damen’s focus on standardisation, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low ‘total cost of ownership’, high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology. Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.
The Treasury department serves as a center of expertise for the Damen group. The team is responsible for managing financial risks and ensuring sufficient liquidity in order to support the core business of Damen. You will become part of a team of 3. In this position you will work closely together with the other Cash Manager and will report to the Group Treasury Manager. You will communicate frequently with colleagues worldwide, and you will also interface regularly with external banking partners. In coordination with the other Cash Manager you are responsible for managing the day-to-day cash management.
- Validate and analyze the group cash flow and guarantee forecast and maintain in close contact about this with the subsidiaries
- Manage and report on daily cash position, arrange for cash centralization and prepare documentation for internal funding
- Keep oversight of over 400 bank accounts worldwide
- Support and advise Damen sales representatives on bank and parent company guarantees and manage the guarantee facilities
- Manage foreign exchange positions of the group, execute both external and internal FX trades and ensure hedges comply with the Treasury Policy
- Report to both internal and external stakeholders on cash (related) items
- Support treasury projects in order to optimize, standardize and systemize the treasury processes, the Group is preparing itself for the next steps in implementing best practices Groupwide
Skills & experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in finance, economics or business administration
- Several years of relevant experience, preferably in treasury
- Accurate and well-structured
- Eager to optimize, digitize and standardize the working environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
- Team player who enjoys to be the linking pin between Damen subsidiaries and banks
What we offer
Here at Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- travel allowance
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment will be part of the application process.
Please contact Isabelle Huijgen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details