Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Configuration Management is the management process to establish and maintain consistency of performance, functional and physical characteristics of a vessel with its requirements, design data and operational data throughout its entire life cycle.
As Configuration Manager Naval Vessels you are part of the Engineering department where the employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field of expertise. As the expectations of the capabilities of naval vessels grow, so does the wish for optimal utilization. The quest for deeper knowledge regarding asset health, when it will need to be maintained, which parts and other resources are needed, is common among all asset owners. Being a Naval shipbuilder gives Damen Naval the opportunity to incorporate all necessities for optimal utilization of our products from the very start of a vessel’s lifespan.
As Configuration Manager Naval Vessels, you are the expert on designing and managing configuration management processes and working practices for (complex) ship building projects. You have broad experience with Systems Engineering and Configuration Management best practices and know how PLM tools work to support these processes. Within this department you will be part of the Configuration Management team and responsible for one or more projects. Next to that will you advise the management on (continuous) improvements that can be realized within your area of expertise. Further you have as Configuration Manager Naval Vessels the following responsibilities:
- Analyse functional requirements from the project regarding Configuration Management and the supporting tools.
- Design and implement Configuration Management processes across the life cycle, including the collaboration with partners, sub-contractors, customer and other external stakeholders.
- Manage change management processes via the Change Management Board.
- Pro-actively analyse current processes and propose improvements for optimization.
Skills & experience
As Configuration Manager Naval Vessels, you need to have:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Configuration Management and Systems Engineering principles, standards, methodologies, and best industry practices.
- Experience and affinity with high-end engineering processes in shipbuilding or in other relevant industry areas.
- Working knowledge of and experience with state-of-the-art PLM tools.
- Competences: service driven personality, creative within your field, accurate and efficient and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good command of Dutch, German and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits;
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Configuration Manager Naval Vessels, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.