Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 1.8 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
The Marketing department is based in Gorinchem and is established for the entire Damen Shipyards Group and all its divisions and endorsed brands. It's an exciting time to join our Marketing Communications team. We have ambitious plans in place and need to recruit an experienced Copywriter for 40 hours per week.
As our Copywriter, you work in very close collaboration with other content creators, segment marketers and campaign managers to ensure brand consistency, a cohesive brand voice and identity in all produced marketing assets. You ensure all produced marketing assets are consistent in tone of voice, shape and form, and are produced with the same thought in mind. A very good ability to convince and write compelling stories is crucial in this role as these stories will function as the voice behind all Damen Shipyards material. You responsible to sustain and develop the company's voice across all content as well as alignment with the written pieces to concrete product offers and campaigns. You need to have good SEO knowledge to ensure that content can be used in all online channels.
You will also act as Trade Media Specialist by maintaining contact with editors and journalists and updating the database of media contacts. You advise the Brand & Marketing Communication Manager on relevant purchasing of group wide advertising opportunities, publications and set up interviews within Damen’s global brand strategy. You monitor the correct expenses of the available budget and analyse and report on performance on ads and publications. Maintaining awareness of subjects currently of interest in the industry to ensure relevant media interaction is part of your job.
- Writing and creating various types of articles and press releases on relevant topics
- Creating clear and compelling copy to sell products and/or educate and engage customers
- Conducting analytical projects to improve content strategies/tactics
- Managing the quality and consistency of all written marketing assets
- Providing feedback to other contributors and editing other writers’ content (we also use external copywriters if the workload so requires)
- Optimizing content for search engines and traffic generation
- Contributing to long-form content projects (such as Damen News and products magazines)
- Advising and planning of Damen offline advertising strategy in alignment with focus products/markets, corporate strategy and campaigns
- Negotiating and buying advertisements
Skills & experience
- Vocational or higher vocational education (MBO/HBO) with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the maritime industry is a big plus
- Experience in marketing and content creation
- You have an analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale content marketing strategies and tactics to become an integral part of the business
- You enjoy working in a team, work accurately and are results focused
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language. If English is your native language, that will be a big advantage.
- Availability of 40 hours per week
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment such as events and sports