Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
We are looking for a Deputy Project Manager Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) for the F126 program. The F126 program contains 4 frigates and extensive training facilities for the Germain Navy. The ILS scope of this program has a value of more than 200 Million Euro. The Deputy Project Manager ILS plays a critical role in managing the ILS activities both internally and at subcontractors to ensure that they are executed timely and within budget. The Deputy Project Manager ILS also has an important role in the communication and alignment with the extensive customer project team.
The ILS group is part of the Engineering Department of Damen Naval. The ILS employees of this department are divided between projects, to which they contribute their specific expertise for the purposes of both product definition and delivery of the products and services.
As Deputy Project Manager Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), you will:
- Take ownership of ILS project(s) to drive targeted results for schedule, quality, and cost.
- Manage and work in accordance to contract specifications, specific requirements and agreements with relevant stakeholders and departments within the company.
- Maintain and professionalize ILS project management with high performance by delivering maintaining & optimizing the quality in ILS packages.
- Drive new thoughts in approach, process, and methodology, while respecting the work and processes of the past.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and end-users.
- Manage day-to-day work, as well as long-term planning into a productive and cohesive ILS support.
Skills & experience
As Deputy Project Manager Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline preferably supplemented with IPMA C certification.
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance and/or ILS methodologies gained in the defence or within a complex technical environment.
- Good command of the English language (written and verbal) and German is a plus.
- Ability to work fulltime in Vlissingen the Netherlands and partly in Germany.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, coaching, planning, and organizing, behavioural flexibility quality orientation leadership adaptability and stress tolerance.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Deputy Project Manager Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. D
amen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.