Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our locations in Schiedam, Vlissingen and Hamburg. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Design Engineer Electrical & Automation you are responsible for the establishment and management of the ship concept design of Electrical and Automation systems for complex naval ships as part of the proposal process in the pre-contract stage. You will perform product development and innovation projects on Manning & Automation and Electrical systems under the direction of the Product Manager and indications of the Proposal Engineer. As Design Engineer Electrical & Automation you will write clear reports and specifications and works closely with customer and industry stakeholders, fellow design Engineers and other colleagues of disciplines assigned to the proposal-project.
As Design Engineer Electrical & Automation you will:
- Perform design and proposal activities in consultation with the proposal engineer.
- Mainly design high quality designs of electric system architecture, electric load balance, electromagnetic control measures, integrated ship management systems layout, subsystem evaluations & selections and developing innovative concepts.
- Write clear technical specifications and reports, make presentations, perform relevant cost calculations and evaluations, risk assessments, drafting management plans and schedules.
- Contribute to innovation projects in seminars and working groups.
- Effective communication and coordination with internal and external stakeholders to maximize results.
- Contribute to the further development of the Products and Proposal department.
Skills & experience
As Design Engineer Electrical & Automation you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or another relevant Technical Study.
- Experience in design & proposal processes and a variety of (computerized) design and innovation methods and practices.
- Experience in design & integration of Electrical/Electronic systems, preferably in complex (naval) ships.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits;
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of (Senior) Requirements Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.