Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) designs and builds naval vessels for customers all over the world. DSNS is a member of the Damen Shipyards Group, the largest shipbuilding company of the Netherlands, leading at home and abroad. The Damen Shipyards Group grows fast, owns many yards worldwide and offers employees a variety of possibilities for development.
DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.
Establishing of the Naval design and its development and monitoring during the pre-contract stage. Performs (sub) product development under the direction of the Product Manager and indications of the Proposal Engineer. Writes reports and specifications and works closely with colleagues - Design Engineers and other people assigned to the project.
- Performs design and proposal activities in consultation with the proposal engineer.
- Design Tasks: General Plan, Weight calculations, stability calculations, resistance and propulsion calculations, other main ship balances and evaluation of new (sub) concepts and reporting.
- Proposal Tasks. Writes (request-) specifications for equipment, writing (parts of -) specifications, writing reports, making presentations.
- Internal interfaces. Ensuring timely and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders so that input can be included in the specialized calculations.
- Liaising with internal departments for optimal project results.
- Contributes to the further development of the P&P department.
Skills & experience
- A bachelor or Master degree in Naval architecture, Mechanical Engineering or another relevant Technical Study.
- Experience in hands-on coordinating a design & proposal process.
- Expertise and experiences in a variety of design concepts and practices.
- Experience in design & integration of (combat) systems preferably in complex new built naval ships.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Esther van Oorschot
+31 118 485000