Damen Marine Components (DMC) designs and manufactures a range of premium systems that are vital for the propulsion, manoeuvring and performance of vessels engaged in all types of maritime activity. Our primary products are rudder and steering systems, nozzles, winches, control and monitoring systems, hydraulics, deck equipment, anchors and chains. The first two categories are sold under the Van der Velden® trademark. In addition, Damen Anchor and Chain Factory is part of the DMC group.
As well as supplying Damen’s global network of shipyards, we work closely with third-party ship building and repair yards and distributors of maritime equipment around the globe. DMC is focused on providing optimal manoeuvrability designs for every type of vessel, compliant with any classification society.
With several office and production locations in the world, DMC is an internationally orientated company. We offer a global sales network and 24/7 support (service) network to ensure maximum performance of our products.
The Design & Proposal Engineer Hydraulics has a technical-commercial role. You are involved in the guidance from the first request of the customer up to and including delivery for (in particular) hydraulic systems.
Together with the Product group members, you are responsible for launching new products, and optimizing existing designs, in consultation with the sales department. Together with your team, you manage the product portfolio of the relevant product group Hydraulics.
As Design&Proposal Engineer you:
- Are responsible for design & proposal in tender phase of projects; making basic design and hydraulic schemes;
- Liaise during the design process with the clients Team.
- Establish with subcontractors and suppliers the optimum solutions with the right components for the customer’s requirements;
- Safeguard rules and Regulations of Class
- Make sure the product is designed (General arrangement and specification, price and lead time is communicated;)
- When required support production, commissioning and service during the execution of the project.
- Make product manuals
- Assess and further develop Product portfolio
- Are responsible for delivering input for Product portfolio management & innovation
- Initiate, start up and support research on new technologies
- Are responsible for further developing of new technology in the product group and training others in the organization
Skills & experience
- Technical background and several years of experience within a similar company or work field
- Higher Educational Level or Technical University level of working and thinking
- A proven record of success in technical management, preferably in a related maritime industry
- A wide knowledge of the shipbuilding industry and markets
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, German is preferable (written & verbal)
- Willing and able to occasionally travel long distances and work abroad
What we offer
- Market-based salary depending on education and work experience
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in a dynamic environment
- A varied position in a dynamic company
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Apply via the website or drop by and inquire at Wiggert Pols – Product Group Manager or Renske van Heijst - HR.