The IT&IM department is the professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services as well as the driver for the digital transformation of the Damen company. The IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 people and provides 24-7 service to 38 business units and 6000 users.
In your role of ‘Developer BI’ you are responsible for the development and continuous improvement of BI, as well as for the continuous improvement of the methods and tools (e.g. BI platform / solutions) with which we make these reports.
As Developer BI you will collaborate with Business Analysts (in the business) to clarify information needs. You will translate these needs into designs (report design, data models, queries, etc). You will realize these design, develop the relevant data models/reports and perform/support relevant testing. Depending on the requirements, risks and challenges, the work is performed and governed in Waterfall, Agile or DevOps style.
Within Damen, Power BI is being used as front end BI solution and the ‘Global Data Warehouse’ as backend (based on Azure SQL). Currently, new PLM (Dassault) and ERP (SAP S4/HANA) systems are being implemented. As part of these projects, new BI, datawarehouse and integration solutions are being introduced.
You will proactively maintain a view and understanding on relevant trends and developments in the BI profession and BI market place (e.g. w.r.t. new technologies, techniques, methodologies and tools). You will translate / introduce these in your work at Damen. You will also train and coach your colleagues (e.g. other BI developers or Business Analysts) about new standards, opportunities, etc.
As Developer BI you will report to the (Resource) Manager of the IT department and to the project managers of the projects you are involved in.
- Together with Business Analysts clarify information needs / BI requirements,
- Specify and validate relevant business rules / logic that should be incorporated;
- Translate requirements and business logic into designs (functional, technical, data, etc);
- Realize the designs, i.e. develop data models and reports (in datawarehouse and reporting environment);
- Identify, define and design the relevant integrations for source systems (in collaboration with the integration specialists);
- Perform and support relevant testing (functional, technical, data, integration, performance, etc) Create / adjust the relevant documentation (requirements, design, testing, definitions);
- Handover to the business and IT support environment;
- Proactively collaborate and align with colleagues from other (cross functional) teams;
- Continuously and proactively search for both functional and technical improvements of the datawarehouse and reporting solutions;
- Proactively maintain a view and understanding on relevant BI trends and developments and introduce these within Damen.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education;
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with MS SQL Server Databases and BI Concepts;
- 5+ years of experience in Azure PAAS and Azure SQL (because a cloud first policy is being used, most of our solutions are created in these environments);
- Knowledge and experience with Power BI and DAX;
- Knowledge of SAP S4/Hana is a pre; Knowledge of C# development is a pre;
- Excellent communication skills (English);
- Able and willing to work in an international team;
- Hands-on, ‘can do’ and pragmatic mentality, Proactive, self-motivated, taking initiative and sharing innovative ideas.
We are looking for employees with the ability to solve problems, who are self-motivated, proactive and eager to develop themselves towards experts, that cannot only help Damen with today’s data challenges, but also those of the tomorrow.
Within Damen and especially in this team and role you have a lot of responsibility and freedom to come up and implement your own ideas.