The IT&IM department is the professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services as well as the driver for the digital transformation of the Damen company. The IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 people and provides 24-7 service to 38 business units and 6000 users.
In your role of ‘Developer Integration’ you are responsible for the development and continuous improvement of ‘integrations’ across our IT landscape, as well as for the continuous improvement of the methods and tools with which we make these integrations.
As Developer Integration you will collaborate with e.g. Solution Architects and Integration Architects to clarify the integration requirements. You will help them these requirements into designs. It is you who will then realize these designs, i.e. develop / configure the relevant integrations (with our integration toolbox / platform). You will also perform and / or support the relevant testing (unit, technical, integration, functional, etc). Depending on the requirements, risks and challenges, the work is performed and governed in Waterfall, Agile or DevOps style.
Examples of integrations currently being devloped / improved are integrations for the BI and datawarehouse environment, integrations for our new Salesforce platform, SharePoint and workflow systems old ERP IFS legacy system and last but not least the integrations to embed our new ERP SAP system and new PLM Dassault system.
As Developer Integration you will report to the (Resource) Manager of the IT department and to the project managers of the projects you are involved in.
- Together with Solution and Integration Architects clarify the integration requirements;
- Help architects translate requirements into (end-to-end) integration designs;
- Review / improve integration design (functional, technical, high-level and detailed);
- Realize the designs, i.e. develop / configure the relevant integration (components);
- Perform and support relevant testing (unit, technical, functional, performance, etc);
- Perform code reviews and other quality assurance activities;
- Create / adjust the relevant documentation (requirements, design, testing, definitions);
- Handover to the business and IT support environment;
- Proactively collaborate and align with colleagues and stakeholders;
- Continuously and proactively search for both improvements of the integration platform / toolbox;
- Proactively maintain a view and understanding on relevant trends and developments in the integration profession and marketspace and introduce these within Damen;
Skills & experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education;
- 5+ years of relevant experience as (integration) developer
- Experience and knowledge of development frameworks
- .NET (CORE)
- Experience and knowledge of application integration
- Azure API Management
- Oauth 2.0
- JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- OpenAPI Specification (OAS) 3.x – 2.x
- Postman & Newman
- REST API
- Experience and knowledge of testing practices and tools
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure to run the integration
- Azure PaaS (Web Apps, Durable Functions, Logic Apps)
- Application Insights
- Experience with Scrum & Agile;
- Experience with DevOps;
- Excellent communication skills (English);
- Experienced in working in / with a Microservices Architecture (physical and virtual), frameworks like C# and .NET (CORE), API wrappers (for tiering), CICD and Azure DevOps;
- Confident in refactoring legacy code and existing APIs;
- Experienced in and comfortable working with new / modern integration frameworks;
- While you are able to work autonomously you are also a real team player, proactively aligning your work with your colleagues and stakeholders;
- Able and willing to work in an international team;
- Hands-on, ‘can do’ and pragmatic mentality,
- Proactive, self-motivated, taking initiative and sharing innovative ideas.
We are looking for people with the ability to solve problems, who are self-motivated, proactive and eager to develop themselves towards experts, that cannot only help Damen with today’s data challenges, but also those of the tomorrow.
Within Damen and especially in this team and role you have a lot of responsibility and freedom to come up and implement your own ideas.