Do you have experience in the design and engineering of vessels and do you share our passion for innovative Workboats? If so, you may be the Engineer Shipbuilding for the division Workboats we are looking for!
The Engineering Department is responsible for the creation and management of the engineering packages of the Division Workboats. Engineering means: the creation of drawings, engineering calculations, technical specifications and construction instructions. This applies for both the naval part (hull, structure, stability, etc.), mechanical part (propulsion, pipe systems, etc.) and Electrical and Automation.
The Engineering Department for Workboats in The Netherlands is responsible for the design and basic engineering of existing and new ship types, and coordinates and controls the outsourcing of detail engineering undertaken by other Damen establishments, including foreign offices, or by third parties.
As Engineer Shipbuilding you will work in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of the Shipbuilding, Mechanical and Electrical and Automation disciplines.
The Engineer Shipbuilding that we are looking for will mainly be working on our Tugs portfolio at Workboats. In this position you will be responsible for the creation of designs, specifications, drawings and weight and stability calculations within the regular standards. You will be involved in the engineering of standard vessels but also on the development of new vessels. Your work location will be Gorinchem.
- Creating and checking of designs, specifications, drawings, weight- and stability calculations, within the regular standards;
- Produce part and order lists and prepare technical specifications for purchase orders with regards to specifications and planning;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Registering and archiving of designs, drawings and project-related information;
- Register, monitor and identify more / less hours spent on engineering work;
- Monitoring your own quality, striving for a zero-defects output.
Skills & experience
- You have 3-5 years of relevant work experience;
- You have completed a technical oriented vocational education (HBO) in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering;
- You master good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You are quality conscious and accurate;
- You plan and organize your own work effectively;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD, Cadmatic-Hull.
What we offer
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.