Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 1.8 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
The Marketing department is based in Gorinchem and is established for the entire Damen Shipyards Group and all its divisions and endorsed brands. It's an exciting time to join our Marketing Communications team. We have ambitious plans in place and we are looking for a Event Manager to join our team for 32-40 hours per week.
As our Event Manager you will be responsible for attending, planning, organizing, managing and coordinating all types of events. This can be Damen owned events as well as the attendance of external exhibitions. You are aware of developments in the market in terms of industry related exhibitions as well as virtual events. You plan and organize all events with great attention to details and you take financial- and time constraints into account. You need to carefully oversee all event happenings and have the ability to resolve problems quickly and at an ad-hoc basis. This job role requires excellent organisational skills and great adaptability.
You are part of the Marketing Communications team which includes another event manager, communication specialists, segment marketers, content creators and a brand & marketing communications manager.
- Planning, organizing, managing, coordinating and attending all types of (internal & external) events, shows and exhibitions, in both the Netherlands and abroad in line with the brand values and identity
- Initiating activities and coordinating the presentation of the Damen portfolio of products and services
- Managing all pre-event planning and logistics and managing post-event evaluation
- Researching new event and exhibition possibilities
- Actively engaging with potential sponsors, venues, partners and other suppliers
Skills & experience
- Higher vocational education (HBO) with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Past experience in event management (exhibitions & virtual events)
- Experience and/or education in Marketing and/or Communications is preferred
- You are social, representative and your enthusiasm and creativity inspires people
- You enjoy working in a team, are effective at planning and organizing, and you are results focused
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
- Availability of 32-40 hours per week
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment such as events and sports