Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Expeditor, you are responsible for facilitating the flow of materials to and from various work sites or departments and you are a Key Point of Contact for all parties involved. You will be working with vendors to secure the appropriate goods and coordinate delivery. You will also maintain KPI’s from clients on the delivery dates
As Expeditor at Damen Naval, you will:
- Proactively monitor, expedite, and report supplier’s performance regarding delivery times for both vendor data as well as hardware to ensure timely delivery.
- Act as point of contact for all logistic, transport and/or customs related issues as part of a project team.
- Initiate alignment between planning, engineering, procurement, and suppliers with regards to delivery times.
- Initiate mitigating actions in case of (expected) overrun of delivery times.
- Reports findings to stakeholders and makes visit reports.
- Handle all the formalities for the shipment of goods and of various shipping documents and customs formalities and request and hire transport.
- Take care of declarations for customs, Chamber of Commerce, Central Bureau of Statistics, and export licenses.
- The Expeditor functionally reports to the Project Manager Procurement.
Skills & experience
As Expeditor, you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in a Logistical discipline and at least five years of relevant work experience in a technical, logistic and/or production environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of planning methods, logistic processes, transport planning and related customs
- Experience with shipment of goods and of various shipping documents and customs formalities
- A profile as proven team player with strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality.
- You have excellent Dutch and English communication skills in writing and spoken.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Expeditor, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.