Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
The FAT Coordinator of Damen Naval is responsible for ensuring that:
- FATs are scheduled appropriately and performed to the schedule.
- all involved personnel are notified of the test schedule and any deviations from the schedule.
- tests are fully attended by the required personnel, including from regulatory authorities and other involved companies.
- test results have been obtained, and appropriately recorded in accordance with the test specification.
- test results are stored and distributed to the specified recipients.
As FAT Coordinator at Damen Naval, you will:
- Monitor (preventively) and register whether suppliers meet the requirements for delivery times.
- Visit suppliers and factories, to prevent or limit delivery times as much as possible.
- Responsible for the FAT coordination and long- and short-term FAT-planning.
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
- Monitor all operations from basic engineering up to and including delivery of equipment that affect quality.
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians, and other staff.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production at supplier and their sub-suppliers by checking processes and final output.
- Report all malfunctions by collecting and analyse quality data.
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews, and relevant documentation.
- Ensure all legal standards and record whether the technical specification requirements are met.
- Communicate, instruct, and advise external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections.
- Organising interim and final inspections with the necessary documents, inviting final customers, coordinating with class offices.
- Communicate directly with the end customer.
- Create test protocols and -reports.
Skills & experience
As FAT Coordinator, you need to have:
- MBO-4 or Bachelor degree in a relevant technical discipline and quality control certification (ISO 9000 etc.) is a plus.
- Multiyear work experience as quality assurance manager or another relevant role.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Competencies: great attention to detail, result driven approach, excellent organizational and leadership abilities, reliable and trustworthy.
- Technical knowhow: shipbuilding and building-strategy, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical knowledge, basic knowhow Noise & Vibration, basic welding and conservation and materials technology including NDT (preferentially certified ISO 9712).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of FAT Coordinator, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.