Vacancy, Field Engineer Electrical & Automation, Global
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
Are you a problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is willing to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver excellent results to our customers time and time again?
Are you ready to be part of a diverse team of people from around the world who are all directly linked to our organization’s success?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you may be a good fit for Damen Services! We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions.
We are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Field Engineer Electrical & Automation
Nice to meet you! We are Damen Services.
Damen Services is a team of creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated people who support each other and enjoy coming to work each day. We interact directly with Damen customers around the world, helping them find solutions to challenging situations. Our team goes the distance for each other and for our customers, and we all take pride in our ability to put groups of skilled, ‘can-do’ team members together to find and implement solutions.
Are you a good fit for the Field Engineer Electrical & Automation position at Damen Services? Now or in the near future?
As Field Engineer Electrical & Automation you carry out servicing and repair work, supervises during construction, performs operational commissioning tasks.
You also provide training for ships and ship systems at locations around the world. And taking into account the local conditions, cultures and customs and ensures that the ships are kept in optimal operating condition.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Fixing breakdowns and carrying out maintenance, overhaul and installation work in relation to mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and process engineering on all the relevant installations on both Damen ships and other ships;
- Supporting local shipyards with the operational commissioning of ships;
- Instruction/training of third parties in relation to the operation, use, and maintenance of ships;
- Performing administrative duties and drawing up project reports.
Skills & experience
We ask our future Field Engineer Electrical & Automation to come prepared with the following:
- Bachelor working and thinking level;
- Several years of work experience in a similar role;
- Excellent communicationskills;
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- Good command of the English language, verbally and in writing, Dutch is a pre.
- Experience with control and PLC systems;
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical engineering;
- Knowledge of electrical installations;
- Knowledge of inspections, testing and maintenance.
- A pragmatic, persuasive Field Engineer Electrical & Automation with a solid personality, who fits in a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Independent, but by nature seeks cooperation;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach;
- Decisive and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy Field Engineer Electrical & Automation, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where Services is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Are you ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Field Engineer by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info, or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Bealien Schot at email@example.com, Please send me a WhatsApp for questions or information. or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Services does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.