Damen Maritime Ventures is a new division within Damen and part of Damen’s overall efforts to drive the transformation of the shipbuilding industry and shape the future of maritime solutions. Our effective, efficient and pragmatic strategic portfolio management enables our division to maximize shareholder impact, by adding value through collaboration and pro-active engagement with and between our maritime ventures. We connect our ventures and ideas with operational expertise and world-class infrastructure. We scale the most promising ideas to deliver meaningful impact to Damen.
By setting up an ecosystem we strive to further sustain profitable growth through carefully governed meaningful (ad)ventures. By acting rapidly and agile on existing and new opportunities we can differentiate ourselves from competition and becoming leading in our selected distinct product, service and local shipbuilding markets.
We are looking for a Financial Controller for the division Damen Maritime Ventures (DMV). The division DMV consists of several independent ventures. Managing DMV’s finances is both complex and challenging. In this role you are working together with all the finance functions in the independent ventures and you will work together with the Damen Group specialized finance departments such as Treasury, Tax and Group Control.
The Financial Controller position is an excellent opportunity to be the linking pin between the independent ventures s and Damen Group functions in a very dynamic, growing and international organization.
The Financial Controller will be reporting to the Finance Director of DMV and is responsible for the consolidation of the DMV-division, the division reporting and ad-hoc financial analyses. Additionally, you’ll be the first point of contact for all independent ventures for our OneStream application (EPM software) and will assist in further developing the application. Within a global company it is important to have one accounting standard. It will be your role in setting the accounting standards for the business units within the this division.
- Responsible for the execution of the (financial) consolidation (using the recently implemented OneStream EPM) of DMV
- Composing the external and internal reporting such as the (consolidated) financial statements and planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Analyze the financial reports of DMV and its division companies and give (unsolicited) advice
- Setting (accounting) standards for division reporting purposes by means of the Damen Accounting Manual
- Advise the independent ventures about the integration and changes of financial processes and systems
- Keep up to date with new developments in the financial field
Skills & experience
- Academic degree in Business Economics, Accounting or Finance
- About 5 years relevant experience (analyzing, consolidating, reporting etc.)
- Affinity with automation and digitization of reporting processes and analytics
- Knowledge and experience with creating visuals (BI, graphs) and excel models
- Driven, ambitious and engaged
- Proactive and prepared to ‘go the extra mile’
- Hands-on attitude
- Accurate and well-structured
- Reliable and discreet
- Team player: flexible and able to work in a small team within a dynamic work environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
What we offer
Here at Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- travel allowance
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports
An assessment will be part of the application process.
For further details please contact Isabelle Huijgen (firstname.lastname@example.org). For applications please use the apply button.