Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
Having ambitious and open minded engineers led us to create R&D Team. It helps us not to stay still but to look forwards and seek innovative technologies to improve our products, exchange knowledge and work collaboratively within European environment.
You will join a team of professionals from HVAC Engineering in shipbuilding industry.
- Preparation of Basic Design documentation (arrangements and layouts, D&IDs, calculations, etc.).
- Equipment selection.
- Coordination between co-makers.
- Coordination between Class Society, Owner, Shipyard, etc.
- Close cooperation with other Engineering Departments and Procurement Department.
Skills & experience
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to HVAC-R systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in preparation of Basic Design documentation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in regards to Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Good shipbuilding knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the ship design process.
- Advanced knowledge of the subject of thermodynamics, refrigeration and heat exchange.
- Ability to estimate parameters of HVAC-R installations and select equipment - including air conditioning and refrigeration devices.
- Knowledge of RSW (Refrigerated Sea Water) systems will be an asset.
- Experience with regulations of classification societies and administration, in particular within the requirements for HVAC systems.
- Ability to develop documentation for the procurement of HVAC systems.
- Ability to review offers submitted by suppliers and other external documentation.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of suppliers and designers of HVAC-R systems.
- The ability to estimate the time necessary to prepare technical documentation.
- Knowledge of AutoCad.
- Knowledge of Cadmatic / eBrowser as an additional advantage.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work abroad.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal).
What we offer
- Type of contract to be determined (B2B Contract/Employment Agreement).
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).