Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As ICT Service Desk employee, you are the first point of contact for Damen Naval colleagues with ICT issues and questions. You are responsible for handling all ICT issues that are received by email, telephone, via the service portal and the service desk. In addition to the registration and classification of the received reports, you provide first-line support by supporting end users in a fast and customer-oriented manner. If you can't figure the issue out yourself, you can call in second-line support. As ICT Service Desk employee, you monitor the progress and give feedback to the end user. You also identify opportunities and come up with ideas to bring the service to a higher level.
Skills & experience
As ICT Service Desk employee, you need to have:
- MBO-4 degree in a relevant ICT discipline and ITIL certificate, on at least, foundation level.
- Relevant work experience as ICT Service Desk or another relevant ICT department.
- Knowledge of ITIL and various Windows operating systems
- Experience with technologies such as Window Server, Azure (Directory sync, AADDS, VPS, Azure networking), MS AD, MS Intune, Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint), LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, firewalling, SSO and MFA.
- Flexible attitude and able and capable of working in shifts on weekdays between 07:00 and 18:00.
- Ability to optimize services from the perspective of continuous improvement.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning and organizing, decisiveness, problem analysis, initiative, and creativity.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and EU passport are required to be considered as viable candidate
What we offer
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of ICT Service Desk Employee and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.