Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is continuously improving its design process with emphasis on the “light/fast” use of a variety of design and CAD tools in early concept design phases. This means the existing 2D/3D CAD tooling is being coupled with smart database systems and specialist analysis tools. This enables workflows in which all the data needed for design- and performance analysis will become available early and in a natural way and without the need for manual upkeep for consistency.
As a Design Tool Programming intern at DSNS, you will be responsible for coding and optimizing the data exchange mechanisms needed between our software packages, through a combination of coding in CAD-package native scripting environments and stand-alone routines. You are being guided/supported by the smartest Naval Architects and Marine engineers that will explain what they need; You have to bring it to life!
Are you enthusiastic about programming the tools that “give birth” to our magnificent ships?
Send us your motivation, as well as your CV!
Skills & experience
The perfect candidate is:
- A Bachelor (HBO/Academic) ICT student, or a Bachelor (HBO/Academic) student in Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering with a specific passion for scripting.
- A top class student, creative and eager to learn.
- Passionate about ships or shipbuilding.
- Proficient in the most commonly used high-level programming languages (mostly Python and Visual Basic) and good practices on database design.
- Familiarity with 2D CAD and 3D modelling (basics) is a plus.
- Capable of identifying and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- Independent, analytical and proactive.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
What we offer
- A very nice collegial environment to build on your professional- and social skills
- Good professional support during your internship
- A top branch company on your reference list.