Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Junior Contract Manager you will support the lead contract manager in the process of systematically and efficiently managing of contracts from the execution of the contract, delivery of the vessel and warranty period. This to maximise operational and financial performance of projects and minimising risk throughout the contract cycle.
As Junior Contract Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the contract manager in aligning or revision of the main contract, subcontracts, and appendixes to ensure consistency with all terms and conditions.
- Supporting the contract manager in the review of contracts, appendixes, agreements, and other official project documents and in case of changes, the changes in the contracts and related documents.
- Analysing the contract terms and conditions and identifying areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
- Identifying possible contractual issues and proposes for solutions in case of disputes and supporting the contract manager on legal and/or contractual implications and when required supporting the contract manager in handling claims.
- Performing correct administration and documentation during the (pre)contract life cycle, implementing changes in contracts and/or appendixes, in close consultation with the contract manager and (project) management.
- Preparing contract changes for internal review and approval and ensuring compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Ensuring that subcontracts and other contractual documents are consistent with all terms and conditions in de main contract.
- Maintaining records of all contract correspondence, changes, status reports and other documents as supporting information for any claim or dispute arising during or after the project.
Skills & experience
As Junior Contract Manager you need to have:
- Dutch or German Bachelor or Master degree in Law (Wirtschaftsjurist).
- Knowledge of and experience with contract management, preferable in the shipbuilding Industry.
- Experience in the (inter)national (maritime) manufacturing sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of (international) national contract law, preferable German law, and corporate law.
- Good command of the Dutch or German language written & verbal.
- Ability to travel to Germany and Vlissingen The Netherlands and work location is Hamburg or Vlissingen.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results and quality orientation, behavioural flexibility, planning and organizing problem analysis and independence.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
What we offer
At Damen Naval we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of As Junior Contract Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job profile description? If so, then please apply directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.