Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions. We are lucky to have 140 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists. We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
Junior Document Controller holds a critical role in managing documentation related to ongoing shipbuilding projects, using internal ERP system and SharePoint tools.
• Support managing IT platforms and tools used for project documentation flow.
• Creating/updating/archiving documents based on data received from Project Team.
• Updating status of documents based on project’s progress.
• Sending documents to external partners.
• Supporting Project Team in regards to preparing reports connected to the ongoing project.
• Close cooperation with Engineering Team, Purchasing as well as external partners.
Skills & experience
• Bachelor or Master degree.
• Analytical and reporting skills.
• Basic knowledge of programs and systems related to coordination of project documentation flow.
• Good MS Office skills (especially Excel).
• Very good command of English in speaking and writing.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both as a team player and individually.
• Planning, prioritizing and organizing skills.
• Learning on the fly.
• Attention to details.
What we offer
• Type of contract to be determined (B2B Contract/Employment Agreement).
• Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
• Friendly and open team of colleagues.
• Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
• Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).
• Benefits including: life insurance, private medical care package, sport cards.
• Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.