At Damen Workboats, our goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers, or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on the series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized, and smart-customized designs that fulfill current and emerging market demands. These designs come with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time, thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Lead Engineer to join our Tugs Engineering department. As a Mechanical Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the mechanical design and engineering aspects of our projects and new technologies, with a specific focus on alternative fuel designs such as Methanol propulsion.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with co-makers, suppliers, and all relevant departments, including Research & Development, Design & Proposal, Supply Chain, Services, and Production. Your primary objective will be to ensure that all mechanical systems meet industry standards and regulations while being seamlessly integrated into the overall design. Additionally, you will play a key role in supervising and mentoring junior engineers, as well as coordinating with external suppliers and partners.
If you're passionate about pioneering innovative solutions within the maritime industry and have a solid background in mechanical engineering, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to the advancement of cutting-edge technologies that redefine the future of tugboat engineering.
• Lead the mechanical design and engineering aspects of our projects;
• Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations;
• Monitor work progress (engineering) and make adjustments as necessary to ensure projects are completed on time;
• Provide training and guidance to junior team members;
• Lead complex calculations, such as load/power, strength, and flow calculations, in the mechanical engineering field;
• Coordination of work with the Engineering Project Manager;
• Ensure appropriate quality of engineering work within one or more projects at a technical level.
Skills & experience
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering in the maritime sector;
• Strong knowledge of mechanical systems used in the construction of vessels;
• Knowledge of alternative propulsion systems like Methanol/Electrical;
• Organizational and project management skills (aimed at Engineering);
• Experience with marine industry standards and regulations;
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Relevant certifications or qualifications in mechanical engineering or related field.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy Technology Specialist Automation, so we will support you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
• Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
• An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
• A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation; • An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Mina Alwash (Recruiter) 06-48 16 58 89
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.