Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 1.8 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
The Marketing department is based in Gorinchem and is established for the entire Damen Shipyards Group and all its divisions and endorsed brands. It's an exciting time to join our Marketing team. New digital capabilities are expanding the possibilities of marketing campaigns in our B2B industry. The Marketing Resource Specialist plays a pivotal role in optimizing our operational performance. We have ambitious plans in place and need to recruit a Marketing Resource Specialist for 32-40 hours per week.
As our Marketing Resource Specialist you will make sure all marketing related activities run as smoothly as possible and marketing resources are continuously allocated correctly. You coordinate resources and monitor cost allocation and budget throughout the marketing department and assist that program and project objectives are being realized in line with the marketing and sales plan. In this role, you will support the marketing management team with all marketing related activities and you ensure that all marketing activities uphold the company's standards throughout each campaign/project's development and execution. You are responsible for maintaining all campaign/project related costs within the estimated budget and you need to coordinate (IFS) project cost allocations. Part of this position also includes general support for the entire marketing department, such as assisting management in scheduling meetings, activities, travel and administering resources such as sub-contracts, purchase orders, invoicing etc.
We are looking for a candidate who can both maintain an overview and pay attention to the important details. In addition, you should enjoy planning and organizing, helping others, monitoring processes, and working in a results-oriented manner.
- Collaborate with marketing management to define and develop projects and campaigns
- Control the cost allocation of all marketing related projects and deliverables
- Analyse the financial data, including (project) budgets, risks, and resource allocation
- Provide budget outlines to marketing management
- Support the marketing activities and facilitate that management team members can carry out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company's standards
- Accurately document the campaign/project budget allocation, development, and forecasts in order to facilitate (data-driven) attribution
- Assist and facilitate the departmental planning, logistics, meetings, visits, events etc. of the management team (primarily) where needed
Skills & experience
- Past experience in marketing performance, office and/or resource management is an absolute plus
- Demonstrable experience with ERP/accounting systems (i.e. IFS, SAP, MXP)
- You enjoy working in a team, are effective at planning and organizing, willing to learn new skills sets, and you are results focused
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
- Availability of 32-40 hours per week
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment such as events and sports