Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes
and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
Having ambitious and open minded engineers led us to create R&D Team. It helps us not to stay still but to look forwards and seek innovative technologies to improve our products, exchange knowledge and work collaboratively within European environment.
You will join a team of professionals from Mechanical Engineering in shipbuilding industry.
- Preparation of Basic Design documentation (arrangements and layouts, P&IDs, calculations, etc.).
- Equipment selection.
- Coordination between co-makers.
- Coordination between Class Society, Owner, Shipyard, etc.
- Close cooperation with other Engineering Departments and Procurement Department.
Skills & experience
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to mechanical systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in preparation of Basic Design documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with statutory bodies.
- More than 5 years’ experience in regards to Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Good shipbuilding knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the ship design process.
- The ability to design engine rooms’ arrangements and other technical spaces on the vessel.
- Ability to perform calculations for the primary and secondary ship systems.
- Knowledge of the technology and production in shipbuilding.
- Knowledge of RSW (Refrigerated Sea Water) systems will be an asset.
- Ability to work with regulations of classification societies and administration.
- Ability to review offers submitted by suppliers and other external documentation.
- Ability to prepare documentation for procurement of equipment and systems.
- Ability to select equipment for the ship.
- The ability to estimate the time necessary to prepare technical documentation.
- Knowledge of AutoCad.
- Knowledge of Cadmatic / eBrowser as an additional advantage.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work abroad.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal).
What we offer
- Type of contract to be determined (B2B Contract/Employment Agreement).
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).