DAMEN Winch Technology (DWT), established in 2015, is an engineering firm that specializes in developing and designing (ship) winch systems and is located in Zwolle/Holland.
DWT is a joint venture that operates under the flag of Damen Shipyards Group. There are three colleagues working, who have many years of experience in the winch industry. The technical and market knowledge of the DWT employees is now used to design for DAMEN a range of standardized winches for production in its own facilities.
Damen Winch Technology supplies full engineering packages for standardised series of winches that are produced by Damen Marine Components in its facility in China, for use within the DAMEN shipyards group. A close cooperation between these parties is to ensure the best possible designs whilst using all the know how within the DAMEN group and pushed by the required number of winches for all the vessels that DAMEN is building worldwide.
There are so many ideas for expanding the horizon and so much work that DWT is looking for a fourth colleague to expand the design capacity. Therefore we are searching for an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer, someone who likes to invent and construct and make complex things like our winch systems.
Are you our new Mechanical Engineer who wants to design and construct with passion in a company that is leading in winch constructions and can you expand our team performances ? Then read this because we are looking for you!
The new employee will be able to learn all actual winch calculations and required winch know-how in the beginning from his colleagues. The start of his/her work will be to make detail drawings of designs that are made in concept by DWT. We strive that after this training period everyone will be responsible for his/her own designs, -calculations and -detailing of winch systems.
- Within this position you have the task of further developing the 3D designs independently in 2D drawing packages for production and suppliers;
- In this position you have regular consultations with other colleagues, production and work preparation;
- You also take care of the technical documentation of the projects you have developed;
- Understanding and working with calculation models is an important part of the daily work.
- Designing and calculating with 2/3D CAD programs;
- Make mechanic calculations and come up with smart structures and solutions;
- Searching for- and developing new ways to improve the functionalities, the costs and quality of winches;
- Project lead of winch projects.
Skills & experience
- Graduate 1.Technicus engineering niveau 4 excellent or 2. HBO Mechanical engineer/ wtb;
- Skilled at designing in 2/3D CAD programs (preferable Autodesk Inventor);
- Skills in creating engineering calculations and -able to come up with smart structures and solutions;
- Self-motivating, proactive, honest, team player, humor;
- Any know-how and experience in relevant design disciplines that may be of interest to our winch systems are of course very interesting for us.
We are looking for someone who likes to work in a very focused and dynamic small company, because that's what we are! We attach great value to content and correctness and fresh and good ideas for all kind of passing affairs. The function requires good knowledge of the Dutch and English language in speaking and writing.
What we offer
- Salary and benefits in accordance with education and work experience;
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in an international environment;
- A varied function in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization with an open-door culture and excellent possibilities for further individual development.