The department Civil & Modular Constructions and Green Solutions is looking for an Mechanical Lead Engineer to join our Team. We are busy. We work hard. We have fun and we need your support! Would you like to join us?
At Civil & Modular Construction (C&MC), we specialize in the design, production, and sale of shipyards, modular drydocks, modular pontoons, pontoons & barges, and HDPE vessels catering to clients worldwide. Our department of Mechanical Engineering is responsible for transforming the Initial Design of the D&P of the Product Group into a documentation package based on which ships are constructed across the world. This concerns both the development of new types of ships as well as the management of standard ship types for different Product Groups.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Lead Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering department. As a Mechanical Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the mechanical design and engineering aspects of our projects. You will work closely with our engineering and production teams to ensure that all mechanical systems meet industry standards and regulations, and are properly integrated into the overall design. You will also be responsible for supervising and mentoring junior engineers, and for coordinating with external suppliers and partners.
- Lead the mechanical design and engineering aspects of our projects;
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations;
- Monitor work progress (engineering) and make adjustments as necessary to ensure projects are completed on time;
- Provide training and guidance to junior team members;
- Lead complex calculations, such as load/power, strength, and flow calculations, in the mechanical engineering field;
- Coordination of research activities required, including speed prognosis, tensile strength calculations, and other calculations such as noise and vibration;
- Coordination of work with the Engineering Project Manager;
- Ensure appropriate quality of engineering work within one or more projects at a technical level.
Skills & experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering in the maritime sector;
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems used in the construction of vessels;
- Strong organizational and project management skills (aimed at Engineering);
- Experience with marine industry standards and regulations;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Relevant certifications or qualifications in mechanical engineering or related field.
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- An active social environment such as events and sports;
- A working from home policy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Lead Engineer to grow their career in the maritime sector with a leading company in the industry. If you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity, please apply with your CV and cover letter.