Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Act as the primary point of contact for project F126 members, the customer, and relevant stakeholders at the project office in Vlissingen. Organize, coordinate and carry out secretarial, administrative and organisational tasks in line with business needs of the project and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the project operations in Vlissingen by managing the secretary office smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing project correspondence & administration, designing and maintaining filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts and equipment.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
- Keeps project management informed by the day by day running of the office.
- Coordinate activities for the F126 project board, Damen Naval Germany and relevant internal stakeholders of Damen Naval Vlissingen and Germany
- Organise, prepare and follow up meetings, organise meeting files and provide adequate reporting.
- Prepare and manage correspondence (e.g. e-mails, letters and reports) and handle calls in line with internal regulations.
- Make travel arrangements in cooperation with an (external) travel agency and in line with Damen rules & regulations.
- Manage and track in- and outgoing documents, memo’s and reports, maintain records and ensure the filing of relevant (confidential) information in system(s) in line with defined procedures.
- Prepare, organise, oversee and/or coordinate the organisation of (social) events, ensure all logistical (event) matters, host (international) participants and coordinate the course of the events.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor's degree in (business) administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an office management role in the industry/offshore/oil & gas/Shipbuilding industry.
- Experience with and execution of German- Netherlands Project(s).
- Proficient in MS Office and general “back-office” software.
- Basic knowledge of standard documentation and archiving techniques.
- Good command of German (preferable native) and English language (written and verbal).
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.