Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 160 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes
and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
As a Buyer you are responsible for the entire purchasing process; you put out requests, ensure timely deliveries and handle invoices. You as a buyer always know the latest status of deliveries and problems and keep this data up to date in our ERP program.
In addition, you as purchaser know how to keep the costs within the purchasing budget, and you are strong in maintaining relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Procurement of goods and services;
- Requesting and evaluating quotes based on technical specifications;
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers;
- Performing administrative processing and aftercare;
- Actively expediting and monitoring timely and correct deliveries.
Skills & experience
- Higher level education;
- Concrete purchasing experience;
- Reading drawings is an advantage;
- Planning and Organizing skills.
- Result-oriented, a Buyer with initiative;
- Mastery English, verbally and in writing;
- Communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Buyer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
What we offer
- Employment agreement.
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk.
- Benefits including: life insurance, private medical care package and sports’ cards.
- Holiday leave bonus.
- Ability to work 2 days a week from home.
- Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.