Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solution.
Having ambitious and open minded engineers led us to create R&D Team. It helps us not to stay still but to look forwards and seek innovative technologies to improve our products, exchange knowledge and work collaboratively within European environment.
We are looking for an Outfitting Engineer with relevant experience related to Class drawings and other outfitting documents.
- Preparation of Class drawings.
- Preparation of arrangements, foundations, mounting drawing, plans and other documents related to outfitting.
- Coordination between Class society, Owner, Manufacturer / Supplier, Shipyard, etc.
- Preparation of RFQ (Request For Quotation).
- Coordination between internal ship design disciplines.
- Responsible for the quality of the prepared engineering work.
Skills & experience
- Engineer MSc, or equivalent (field of Study Ocean Engineering – preferably).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering of Outfitting systems.
- Experience with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Experience in cooperation with vendors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of hull structure.
- General knowledge of shipbuilding technology.
- Broad knowledge of Outfitting systems (Anchor and mooring, Life-saving appliances, arrangements, hatches, ladders, etc.).
- Autocad software knowledge is a must.
- Rhinoceros software knowledge would be an asset.
- Good command of English.
What we offer
- Type of contract to be determined (B2B Contract/Employment Agreement).
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).