Damen Customer Finance (CF) aims to support customers to realize their business objectives by offering the most suitable finance solutions for the acquisitions of Damen vessels.
The department consists of Shipping, Finance/Banking and lease professionals. The robust growth of Damen Shipyards in recent years has led to increasing demands on Damen Customer Finance solutions. Damen Customer Finance is an unique sales tool for Damen Shipyards and enhances the sale of Damen vessels. They can arrange a diverse range of financial services from sophisticated project finance structures to the more standard Damen supplier credits and leases. This team can arrange loans for small start-up companies buying their first vessel but also for large international organizations, worldwide public institutions and governmental departments requiring assistance for multi-vessel contracts.
We are looking for a Junior – Medior Portfolio manager. You will be responsible for managing both individual existing transactions and portfolios together with another Portfolio Manager. In addition, you will support Customer Finance Managers in the execution of new Lease transactions. You will be in close contact with different stakeholders both internally and externally such as clients and financiers. You will carry out structuring, legal and reporting tasks on current and future transactions/portfolios.
Within the department there is a strong focus on digitization of the processes. This includes the further digitization of the portfolio management and reporting function of the department.
- Manage the credit facility of the Lease and other Shipping Portfolios (currently primarily Cargo Vessels)
- Support financing new vessels in the portfolio
- Managing the existing Lease / Shipping portfolio and respond and act upon requests from clients, financiers and internal stakeholders;
- Credit Management for Lease and/or other portfolios, including reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzing portfolio risk/performance
- Coordinate documentation with the customer and the banks of the Lease and Shipping Finance projects, including Client due diligence, financial, insurance and legal documentation
- Responsible for the quality of lease offers, contracts and documentation
- Improving internal processes for Damen Customer Finance department including further digital
- development and increase alignment with Sales, Finance and Compliance department.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor/Master degree, preferably in Finance or Legal or Economics;
- Preferably experience within the financial sector and/or Shipping Industry;
- Credit Risk Management experience is a plus;
- At least 2 – 5 years relevant work experience;
- Accurate and focused on details;
- Solid Excel, Word and Power Point skills;
- Solid communication and cooperation skills;
- Self-starter, independent, take initiative and hands-on mentality;
- Solid Dutch and English language skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Affinity with IT;
- Eager to innovate, digitize and standardize the working environment.
What we offer
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.