Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Is accountable for the financial and risk management of assigned project(s) / tenders. Is accountable for financial project control and contract management. Further accountable for the ongoing monitoring of preserve project objectives and for accurate financial and qualitative project reports. Is responsible for performing financial integrity in the day-to-day project management.
- Responsible for project control of dedicated project(s), including risk management, cash flow management, cost control, forecasting, reporting, contract management and general monitoring progress.
- Monitoring and actively managing the total risk profile and claim overview of the project.
- Monitoring and actively managing to ensure that the project stays within the approved budgets.
- Have a proactive role in applying all compliance rules and regulations.
- Promotes cost awareness and ensures that these are understood and owned by project management and project team.
- Monitors all the factors influencing liquidity and ensures that the project team is aware of these.
- Identify problems and independently proposing ways to improve the project financial results.
- Deliver monthly reports and quarterly updates of the project financial status. All reports must be produced accurately, one time and including analysis and full explanations.
- Liaise with the legal department to ensure deviations in the contract or changes are correctly processed and followed up.
- Ensure all financial policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure financial requirements.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting and/or related experience in a production environment.
- Preference will be an experienced person who has accounting experience for development projects especially in a Project Management environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with controlling big projects in a technical environment.
- Substantive knowledge of / experience with controlling.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.