Do you have project coordinating experience with a technical background in E&A systems such as electrical power distribution, lighting, platform automation, navigation and communication? Do you enjoy taking part through the entire development process from tendering up to installation on board and final product acceptance and handover to the customer, then we are looking for you. Apply now!
In this position you guide a dedicated team to deliver a package of E&A systems. You make sure the team drives and attains targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost. Your main focus is to manage the package of E&A systems to ensure there is full compliance with the applicable requirements and specifications. This all done in close cooperation with the entire project and project stakeholders.
About Damen Mid Sized Vessels
We deliver maritime projects for various markets like e.g. defense & security, public transport, offshore and dredging.
Our projects are Engineered to Order (ETO). Which means we are involved throughout the project from the commercial phase and building the PM strategy until commissioning, delivery and warranty.
This makes our work very challenging because the environment is complex and we have a lot of stakeholders. We work in close cooperation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives.
The role of Project Coordinator E&A involves active engagement with our partners, engineering team, supply chain team, the yards and subcontractors. It includes activities related to the definition, procurement, engineering, interfacing, installation, verification and acceptance of the relevant systems for large complex vessels. This to ultimately achieve, with the project team, a successful integration of the various systems into an effective vessel.
You are driven to make it happen, whilst ensuring stakeholder satisfaction and safeguarding Damen interests. You direct and manage the package(s) of E&A systems in an integral manner, balancing safe work, completion of the project and maximizing profit within a complex environment.
We believe that as Project Coordinator E&A you should be where the action is, which means you move with the project abroad, together with the project team if necessary.
As a Project Coordinator E&A you:
- Take ownership of the assigned package of system for the entire project to drive and attain targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications, as imposed by our customer and Damen MSV
- Organize and participate in project reviews and participate during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT’s, HAT’s, and SAT’s, acting as the internal accepting party.
- Secure the planning, execution and synchronization of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the project team, thereby ensuring the proper integration of the related systems.
- Monitor and control actual progress with vendors and subcontractors for the package(s) of systems.
- Identify and timely communicate changes and deviations from the original bid .
- Assist in reviewing co-makers’ qualifications and screen client specifications.
- Ensure the release of purchase orders & stage payments.
- Identify and review concessions, variations to contract requests and changes to subcontracts.
- Steer and motivate employees, contractors, and stakeholders.
Skills & experience
As a Project Coordinator E&A you should have:
- Higher vocational or academic level of thinking in the field of Electrical Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering or similar;
- At least 5 years of project management experience in similar projects (shipbuilding, oil & gas, construction);
- Experience in working in an international organization;
- Proven ability to oversee and handle a variety of aspects and issues, regardless the nature (financial, HSSEQ, operational progress, commercial);
- By nature, a professional and balanced attitude. To fuel discussions that have to take place;
- The ability to takes ownership and ensure accountabilty;
- Good command of the English language
- Flexibility in regards to dividing your working time between different offices and locations.
What we offer
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a work from home policy;
- competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance up to 75 km one way;
- professional and personal development through training.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Gerard Eggink (Recruiter), 06-10 26 55 93