Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for more sustainable maritime industry? We are looking for a Project Manager Engineering Electrical & Automation to support us!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
The Project Manager Engineering E&A will work within the Engineering department of the Division Workboats. You will work in a multidisciplinary project team in close cooperation with colleagues from engineering (shipbuilding and mechanical), procurement, suppliers and production departments. Some of the developments we are working on are: autonomous sailing, smart / predictive maintenance, hybrid / electrical propulsion systems, etc.
As Project Manager Engineering E&A, you are responsible for the entire electrical and automation scope within the technical ship specification. You ensure this is managed and aligned properly with other related disciplines and suppliers. As Project Manager Engineering you are responsible for the vessel-specific E&A design philosophy for power generation, propulsion and automation. You initiate and coordinate system integration in close cooperation with main suppliers
As a Project Manager E&A you will be:
- Responsible for the integration of E&A, AV/IT and Navcom systems, including requests for quotations and the vendor data process;
- Able to define deliverables, manage the budget, plan the engineering work and manage the Quality and Risks;
- Acting as a consultant for the E&A design for the department Design & Proposal;
- Managing the client, class- and national authorities approval process;
- Organizing document control and configuration control;
- Supporting in factory acceptance tests and shore- and sea trials;
- Identifying opportunities to improve Cost, Time and Quality of our products & systems.
Skills & experience
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, e.g. as (assistant) Project Manager. Pre: E&A Marine experience;
- Pro-active attitude, with ability to identify risks in an early stage;
- Experience with standardized shipbuilding and series construction is a plus;
- Experience with electrical & hybrid propulsion systems is a plus.
- Result-oriented, you show initiatives, you are Quality conscious, decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach;
- Methodical in your work approach;
- Able to influence and put things into perspective ;
- Good at managing expectations;
- Willing to travel (short trips about 1 to 2 times a year);
- Mastering excellent communication skills in English.
What we offer
We want you to be comfortable in your role as Project Manager Engineering Electrical & Automation, so we offer:
- The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities;
- Varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- A work from home policy;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
About Damen: Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector.
Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Apply online for the position of Project Manager Engineering E&A by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93