Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
We are looking for a Project Manager in Engineering field with relevant experience related to shipbuilding industry. Naval Architecture or Mechanical background would be an advantage.
- Coordination of the pricing and schedule preparation for the entrusted project scope.
- Managing the project taking into account the entrusted scope, schedule and budget included in the contract as well as quality of completed tasks.
- Managing the project team including assigning tasks and monitoring their completion.
- Risk management and escalation.
- Managing project communication.
- Monitoring working hours assigned to project tasks.
- Creating project documentation, reports and presentations within the area of work.
- Cooperation with the Classification Society, Client, shipyard, subcontractors and internal stakeholders.
- Managing scope covering Basic and Detail engineering – where works are done internally (Gdansk) and externally (Ukraine).
- Working closely with Project Manager located in Netherlands.
- Motivating the project team, solving problems and conflicts.
- Consulting and providing support for the project team in all necessary aspects.
Skills & experience
- Technical education on Bachelor or Master degree level.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing ship design projects in an international environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing interdisciplinary engineering teams
in an international environment.
- Good shipbuilding knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the ship design process.
- Knowledge of methodologies and tools used in project management.
- Experience in working in a process-managed organization.
- High analytical and synthetic thinking skills.
- Risk and change management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage the schedule and project budget.
- Ability to act as an advisor in the area of project management.
- Business orientation.
- Capability to build strong working relationship.
- Team work and cooperation.
- Initiative and decisiveness.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Very good command of English language. Essential, as used daily in conversations
What we offer
- Employment contract or B2B Contract.
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).