Damen Shiprepair Curaçao (DSCu) is a growing company in the Caribbean owned by the Damen Shipyards Group. With more than 400 professionals and a rich tradition of ship repair of more than 70 years’ experience in the region. The Damen Group offers her customers 16 repair and conversion yards worldwide. DSCu currently has two graving docks in operations and 1.5 kilometers of quay to service its international customers with high quality service. DSCu offers you a challenging and interesting career opportunity for the position of:
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the preparation and execution of vessel repair projects, from quotation till evaluation. This includes all repairs, monitoring project budget, supply chain activities, planning, managing quality and timelines including continuous communication with the client regarding progress and work scope in- or decrease.
• Prepare project planning and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality and timelines;
• Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by project management and project team members;
• Heads the Project Team;
• Maximize project turnover by identifying and acquiring additional works;
• Settle the final invoice with client;
• When project is delivered to client, close and evaluate it;
• Maintains optimum communication with local or international clients.
Skills & experience
• Bachelors or Master degree(HTS/HBO) in Naval Architect/ Mechanical Engineering/ Marine engineering or equivalent level;
• Extensive knowledge and relevant work experience in the ship repair business;
• Knowledge and experience in project/financial management and cost calculations;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
• Good command of English and Spanish language (written and verbal);
• Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, coaching, planning and organizing, behavioral flexibility, quality orientation, leadership adaptability and stress tolerance;
• No nine to five mentality.
What we offer
• One (1) year contract with possibility to extend;
• Good primary and secondary terms;