Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry? Are you a problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is willing to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver excellent results to our customers time and time again? Are you ready to be part of a diverse team of people from around the world who are all directly linked to our organization’s success?
Nice to meet you! We are Damen Services.
Damen Services is a team of creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated people who support each other and enjoy coming to work each day. We interact directly with Damen customers around the world, helping them find solutions to challenging situations. Our team goes the distance for each other and for our customers, and we all take pride in our ability to put groups of skilled, ‘can-do’ team members together to find and implement solutions.
As Project Manager Service, you are responsible for the progress, execution and financial results of assigned projects. This includes, among other things, coordination and monitoring of the progress of engineering activities, production- and delivery planning for the benefit of our customers.
- Coordinate the progress of all engineering activities and checks the availability of technical drawings and revisions, if any;
- Timely submission of the correct drawings for classification;
- Control (indirectly) the progress of production and of the warehouse and supervises projects with regard to production- and delivery planning, partly through coordination with the purchasing department;
- Monitors additional work and is responsible for pre and post-calculations, the administrative processing, invoicing of projects and ensures proper completion and communication with all parties involved;
- Ensure correct and regular coordination of delivery agreements with the customer and satisfactory handling in accordance with the contract.
Skills & experience
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical or Electrical and Automation or Marine Engineering or similar;
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably with a technical background in the maritime sector;
- Good commercial attitude, social and communicative skills, a team player;
- Good command of Dutch and English;
- A pragmatic, persuasive project manager with a solid personality, who fits in a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Independent, but by nature seeks cooperation;
- Experience with contracts is desirable;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Result-oriented, a "leader" with initiative and management skills.
What we offer
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where Services is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports;
- A hybrid form of working allowing 40% working-from-home.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Apply online for the position of Project Manager Services by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to meeting you!
Damen Services does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.