Project Procurement is an integral part of the Damen Supply Chain organization. The Supply Chain Departments are organized within the Divisions which represent different type of ships and activities. In this case, the position is available within the Supply Chain Department of the Mid-Size Vessels (MSV) division.
MSV is focusing on Engineering-to-Order projects in a wide variety of Product Market Combinations. The diversity of supply chain activities is challenging and broad.
The Supply Chain Department of the Division is supported by the Expertise Center Procurement of the Damen Group to cooperate on multi-divisional topics and alignment of supplier decisions.
A Project Purchaser (Coordinator Project Procurement) is responsible for realizing the procurement of various goods and services for different newbuilding projects, such that the required goods and services are available on time, under the best possible conditions, and in accordance with the required product specifications. Damen works with multidisciplinary project teams which are headed by a project manager (or tender manager).
Within the project team the Project Purchaser is QLTCR responsible for the supply chain activities of the project. Next to the procurement of scopes, the Project Purchaser is accountable for the entire project’s Supply Chain team which is distributed across several entities both in the Netherlands and abroad.
• QLTCR (Quality, Logistics, Time, Cost, Risk) responsible for the supply chain activities within the project; • Leading the project Supply Chain team supporting the Project Manager;
• Based on engineering information communicate with suppliers and optimize the specifications and quotations together with engineering and suppliers for customer specific equipment;
• Negotiating, contracting and purchasing (large) packages with (standard) materials, installations, equipment, semi-finished products, main components and parts as part of a multidisciplinary project team;
• Proactively make suggestions for purchasing alternatives within project team and developing new suppliers and maintaining existing relationships;
• Participate and report QLTCR status in multidisciplinary new building project meetings of vessels for the assigned projects;
• Create, execute and maintain supply chain plan within the project team;
• Issue purchase orders and monitor the fulfilment of delivery obligations and contractual agreements by suppliers on QLTCR and pro-actively resolve issues with suppliers;
• Responsible for correct registration and maintenance of project (part) information within the ERP system;
• Actively initiate and contribute to supply chain improvement activities to optimize the supply chain processes and performance;
• Having a proactive attitude about suggesting improvements within the procurement process. Supported by process control, analysis and measurable results (KPI).
Skills & experience
• Completed technical and/or commercial Bachelor's degree;
• NEVI I and preferable NEVI II;
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience within Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is a plus;
• Able to travel for about 20-25% of the time, including traveling abroad;
• Excellent negotiation skills with respect for supplier relationship;
• Experience working with an ERP system (preferable IFS and/or SAP), PowerBI and MS Office (Teams, Sharepoint, Excel);
• Knowledge and experience in optimizing and supporting Supply Chain processes;
• Good oral and written command of both Dutch and English;
• We are looking for purchasers with a sense of commercialism, of course, good communication skills and with team builder skills. Analytical and result driven mind set. Service-oriented and supportive.
What we offer
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
• a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation; • a competitive salary;
• at least 40 days of annual leave;
• travel allowance;
• profit sharing & pension allowance;
• continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (HR advisor)