The Engineering Department at Damen Dredging Equipment consists of several teams in the field of both mechanical engineering and E&A. The design teams are product oriented, with a focus on trailing suction hopper installations, dredging pumps and propulsion systems, standard stationary suction dredges, and custom-built stationary suction dredges. The teams are managed by an engineering project leader (team leader) and operate independently. In addition to custom-built projects, the Damen organisation also works continuously on standardising and improving equipment and components. The manufacture of dredging equipment is carried out at our own shipyard but also at other shipyards around the world.
The Projectleader Engineering is responsible for the engineering of one or more client orders or product development projects.
Your core tasks will consist of designing, configuring and assessing systems and components or overseeing these activities. As a co-foreman, you will lead a team of engineers/subcontractors and work according to a schedule and a budget. You are expected to meet the technical specifications and applicable norms and standards. You will do this in consultation with other departments, the Head of Engineering, and with relevant third parties. Your extensive experience in the field of electrical engineering, automation and electrical propulsion makes you capable of proposing and evaluating technical solutions.
Skills & experience
- You are an enthusiastic expert in the field of electrical engineering, automation and electrical propulsion in the engineering and realisation phase;
- You are open, communicative, client-oriented and a real team player;
- You are proactive and capable of maintaining a clear overview;
- You have a degree in (maritime) electrical engineering, industrial automation, or computer science at the higher vocational education level or higher;
- You have several years of relevant work experience in the maritime or heavy machinery sector;
- You have experience reading electrical engineering drawings (EPLAN);
- You have experience integrating marine installations with third parties;
- Practical experience with dredging and/or offshore is considered an advantage;
- Experience with the regulations and inspection processes of classification agencies is considered an advantage;
- You have a good command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken;
- You have sufficient experience with various MS Office programmes.