Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
Is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of the risk (& mitigation) framework of the F 126 project, including 3rd party outsourced activities. This includes, maintaining or optimizing of risk management policies and processes and facilitate the embedding of framework across the project organization.
- Implement, communicate and maintain a detailed risk management framework, as contractual prescribed.
- Conducts risk assessment(s), which involves; analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimate the risks affecting the project and organization and proposes mitigation actions;
- Prepare and collate risk reports to relevant stakeholders, when relevant, including 3rd parties and define and agree with project management mitigation measures when needed.
- Assist key stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to risks arising from internal changes or external events.
- Is key point of contact for risk (mitigation) reporting to the project director and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepares risk evaluation and reporting, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the client and the project.
- Provides support, education and training to project team members and other relevant stakeholders to build risk awareness within the organization.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Business Administration or other relevant study at B.Sc. level.
- An understanding of wider risk management principles and techniques, principles and techniques.
- Experience in hands-on developing and strengthen risk management system(s) and relevant team(s).
- Experience in coordinating / directing projects and programs.
- Good command of the German & English language (written & verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel and work in Germany.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.