At Damen Yachting, we proudly build and refit the very best Amels superyachts, SeaXplorer expedition yachts and Yacht Support vessels for our clients to enjoy the finest moments in life. We are a Dutch family-owned yacht builder and proud of our long pedigree of craftsmanship. From our locations in Vlissingen in the Netherlands and Gdynia in Poland, our strong team of approximately 450 yacht building professionals is the foundation of our successful growth. Together with hundreds of specialist co-makers, we deliver what we promise with unrivalled knowhow and a passion for innovation. Damen Yachting is the yachting division of the Damen Shipyards Group, the world’s leading specialist ship builder, which operates 35 yards globally with 12,000 employees.
Can you make dreams come true? Not just any dreams, but the world’s largest luxury yachts for the most successful individuals on the planet. As Sales Manager for the market leading range of Amels yachts, SeaXplorer explorers and Yacht Support vessels, you will sit at the table with entrepreneurs at the very top of their game. Together with our strong team of sales engineers and project managers, you will support our clients through the largest luxury acquisition of their lifetimes. Get ready, because you will need every ounce of your unparalleled client focus, work ethic and integrity to make each yachting dream a reality.
The Sales Department:
You’ll be part of our highly successful sales team, with our Director Sales as your mentor and coach to navigate the fascinating luxury yachting market. Based in Damen Yachting’s headquarters in Vlissingen, the Netherlands, our sales department works closely with marketing, product development, project management teams as well as external co-makers and architects. In addition you will have close contact with our global network of Damen Shipyards sales managers, leveraging the group’s state-of-the-art customer journey software while liaising with our group legal and compliance specialists.
- From lead nurturing to contract signing, you’ll be the main contact for our client’s representatives, yacht brokers, build supervisors, architects, designers, captain and crews – spearheading a highly complex technical shipbuilding project.
- Contribute to and implement Damen Yachting’s strategy to achieve its sales targets
- Meet clients at their convenience around the world, including on board yachts, trade fairs, events, at our yard or at their homes.
- Managing sales opportunities, drawing up feasible contracts, conducting negotiations, legal and financial evaluations under the supervision of the Director Sales
- Act as ambassador of our company, communicating our values, and collaborating with the marketing team to build and nurture enduring commercial relationships
- Creating a strong TEAM feeling within your project team where professionalism, discipline and pleasure in a sincere cooperation with the clients, suppliers and colleagues are paramount.
Skills & experience
What do you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor (HBO) or Master (WO) working and thinking level combined with great affinity for technology.
- Knowledge of the Yachting market, shipbuilding, organizational processes, the organization and its environment.
- Knowledge of sales techniques, marketing and risk management. Knowledge of cultural differences.
- Experience with legal (contract law) and financial aspects.
- Good Spoken and written knowledge of the English language
Your Personal characteristics:
- Great sense of discretion (in connection with client privacy)
- Excellent communication skills and good awareness of cultural differences
- Perseverance, energy and flexibility. Great willingness to travel.
- Client-oriented (finding the optimal balance between client / Damen Yachting interests)
- Result and quality oriented
- Orderly work approach.
- Team player: learns from colleagues, learns colleagues and knows how to use team qualities at the right time.
- Helicopter view and analytical skills.
- High degree of (self) discipline, play by the rules.
- Sensitivity when it comes to human interaction.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic and international work environment
- A competitive salary package & other benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports