For the Damen Shiprepair & Conversion Holding in Schiedam, we are looking for a Senior Financial / Business Controller, who has affinity with risk management, cash management and project control.
Damen Shiprepair & Conversion’s (DS&C) is a division of Damen Shipyards a family owned business. Our scope of work covers repair, maintenance, refit and conversion on all types of vessel, throughout the entire lifecycle – from first scheduled service through to decommissioning and disposal. DS&C has a worldwide network of repair and conversion yards of nine are located in North West Europe. Facilities at the yards include more than 50 floating (and covered) drydocks, as well as slopes, ship lifts and indoor halls. Projects range from the smallest simple repairs through Class’ maintenance to complex refits and the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes over 1,500 repair and maintenance jobs annually, both at yards as well as in ports and during voyage.
We are looking for a senior business controller for our division with ambition to fulfill a management role in the (near) future.
The Business Controller will work closely with the Shiprepair & Conversion management team and with all parts of the business including local yard management. Special focus is given to project control and risk management process including required tooling and management information.
- Advise various internal stakeholders (e.g. Ship Repair & Conversion management, local yard management, tender and project manager) on the financial, business and project related risks, opportunities and external developments;
- Working capital management including purchase to pay and order to cash experience is the focus point;
- Liaises closely with the Finance function of the Damen Shipyards Group and assures that Damen Group accounting standards, policies, methods and time lines are implemented;
- Build and maintain a network of internal project related stakeholders, in line with business needs, policies and developments;
- Modeling experience and analysis is required;
- Accounting skills are needed in this role;
- Understanding tax issues would come in handy;
- Various projects are ongoing at various yard locations;
- Business partnering in pre-bid/ tender process representing the finance discipline to identify key risks and potential financial impact;
- Attend tender processes to ensure profitability on possible projects;
- Keep up to date with new developments in the financial field.
Skills & experience
As a Senior Business Controller, you are a strong and positive communicator, motivator and multitasker. You can maintain relationships with all levels of the organization, while keeping your professional independence. You are a multiskilled financial, who feels comfortable in all parts of the financial working field.
Additionally, you meet the following requirements:
- Academic degree in Business Economics / Finance or Accounting;
- Chartered accountant qualification is a benefit (RA or RC title or other comparable);
- Minimum 15 years of experience as Business Controller or similar function, preferably in the Maritime industry or in another Project related industry;
- Good Dutch and English language skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Solid cooperation and communication skills;
- Accurate and well-structured;
- Reliable and discrete;
- Experience in working with ERP systems;
- You have a hands-on and no-nonsense mentality, and aware of cultural differences.
What we offer
- A technology and craftmanship focused, dynamic and international work environment
- A competitive salary package & other benefits
- On-going challenging opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment